Blake Shelton, 44 announced his engagement with his girlfriend, Gwen Stefani, 51 on Wednesday. Before her, Blake was in a relationship with Kaynette Williams, who was his high-school sweetheart-turned-his first wife. But their marriage lasted only three years. The following are a few interesting about his first wife, Kaynette Williams, 47.
- She is an award-winning elementary school teacher: After getting divorced from Blake, she moved from Tennessee to Oklahoma. Soon, she moved from Oklahoma as Blake and his second wife were there. Currently, she is in Kansas and thriving in her career as a teacher.
- She is married to Cody Joe Scheck, a rodeo champion: As per the reports, he holds a world record for steer roping.
- It is not clear if Blake and she are friends today:
Blake has reportedly once claimed that the pain he felt after from Kaynette was similar to the pain he felt when his brother Richie died in a tragic car accident. Still, there is no evidence of both the lovebirds keeping in touch with each other.
- Kaynette had reportedly accused Blake of marital misconduct when filing for divorce: Kaynette has claimed that Blake was guilty of inappropriate marital conduct and that he even went on to sell her marriage gown on eBay at a starting bid of $700.
- Blake proposed in the middle of a hunting-filled day: Blake said that he proposed to her and again went back to hunting. He proposed and she agreed to get married. When they got married, he sang the classic ‘Julia’ song to his wife.