Big cricket fan? You won’t want to miss out on the new Indian Premier League (IPL) season, which starts on March 26 and finishes on May 29, 2022.
It’s one of the world’s most exciting Twenty20 cricket leagues, with teams like the Rajasthan Royals and Gujarat Titans competing on the field.
But what if you’re an IPL fan in the USA? Can you still watch all the games live? Unfortunately, strict broadcasting rights limit where games are screened.
So, if you’re not in India, you might be geo-blocked. But you’re not out yet – we have a solution that will hit content blocks – a VPN! VPNs can change your digital location, give you a new IP address, keep you safe online, and more!
Want to know more? Read on and find out how a VPN can help you watch every game of IPL 2022 live.
How to watch IPL in the USA with VPN
- Pick a VPN with servers in India. NordVPN is best for this – now 63% OFF!
- Download and launch the VPN on your device.
- Connect to an Indian server.
- Visit ESPN+ to find an IPL live stream.
- Relax and enjoy the cricket!
Why should you get a VPN before watching live IPL cricket in the USA?
Watching IPL cricket outside of India can be tricky. While there are some options for watching matches, such as Hotstar and ESPN+, these can come with costly subscriptions and might not offer online streaming. However, many Indian broadcasters and services stream IPL games – often for free.
The catch? You’ll be blocked if you’re not in India due to international rights and licensing.
Best VPNs to watch IPL
- NordVPN: all-around best VPN to watch IPL online in the US
- Surfshark: reliable VPN for unblocking IPL streams
- IPVanish: affordable VPN for watching IPL online in America
To get the best IPL streams, you need a VPN that has Indian servers, fast connections, and reliable security as a minimum. We’ve tested many VPNs and whittled a list down to three standout options that offer the necessities and extra features to enhance your experience even more. Without further ado, here they are.
Where can you watch the IPL online in the USA?
You can stream the 2022 Indian Premier League cricket season on various streaming services such as ESPN+, Hotstar, and WillowTV. But to ensure you have access to all the games and all the channels, you’ll need a VPN to get around content blocks.
Here are streaming services you can use to watch IPL and how much they cost:
|Amazon Prime Video||$8.99|
Remember, you won’t be able to watch every single IPL game live unless you have a VPN installed on your device to bypass geo-blocks and content restrictions.
We’ll explain exactly how to set up a VPN on various devices further down in this guide. Spoiler alert: they are very easy to use.
Indian Premier League 2022 Schedule
The 2022 IPL season will see the following teams compete against each other in thrilling Twenty20 cricket:
- Chennai Super Kings (CSK)
- Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH)
- Delhi Capitals (DC)
- Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR)
- Punjab Kings (PK)
- Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB)
- Rajasthan Royals (RR)
- Mumbai Indians (MI)
- Ahmedabad (A)
- Lucknow (L)
Don’t miss a single game of the season by getting a VPN so you can stream any match you want from anywhere in the world. Check out this schedule of the season highlights and make a note of the games you to watch:
|CSK vs Gujarat Titans||May 15, 2022|
|MI vs SRH||May 17, 2022|
|KKR vs LSG||May 18, 2022|
|RCB vs GT||May 19, 2022|
|RR vs CSK||May 20, 2022|
|MI vs DC||May 21, 2022|
|SRH vs PBKS||May 22, 2022|
|Play-off||May 24, 2022|
|Play-off||May 25, 2022|
|Play-off||May 27, 2022|
|Final||May 29, 2022|
If you’re keen to stream all of these IPL games, you’ll need to have installed a VPN on your devices so that you can switch your IP address and get around any annoying content blocks that might be in place.
How to watch IPL on your device
Laptop, iPhone, streaming stick – you can watch IPL games with the help of a VPN that supports multiple devices. Worried it might be too complicated for you? The good news, the process is simple for all devices. Just follow the easy steps provided below, and you’ll be all set.
How to watch IPL cricket on your Windows or Mac PC
Whether you’re on a Windows or Mac, watching IPL on your PC is as easy as these quick instructions.
- Download a VPN on your computer so you can change your IP address. NordVPN has around 30 Indian servers.
- Install and launch NordVPN.
- Connect to an Indian server.
- Find an IPL stream and get watching!
How to watch IPL cricket on your smartphone
If you love watching cricket on your mobile phone, we have you covered. Follow these steps to unblock IPL on your iOS or Android smartphone.
- Download a VPN that supports mobile devices. NordVPN has fantastic apps for iOS and Android.
- Open the app and set up an account.
- Find an Indian server and connect.
- You’re ready to find an IPL stream and enjoy the cricket!
How to watch IPL on streaming devices
You can watch IPL on streaming sticks like Roku, Apple TV, Firestick, and Kodi, but these devices don’t support direct VPN downloads. But that’s OK, you can connect your VPN to your router and change your IP address that way instead.
- Download a recommended VPN. We suggest NordVPN for routers.
- Connect the VPN to your router.
- Select an Indian server location.
- Plug your chosen streaming stick into your TV.
- Switch on the TV, launch an app that streams IPL and settle down for some cricket!
Download a recommended VPN. We suggest NordVPN for routers. Connect the VPN to your router. Select an Indian server location. Plug your chosen streaming stick into your TV. Switch on the TV, launch an app that streams IPL and settle down for some cricket!
How to watch Indian Premier League cricket in any country
Whether you’re in the US, UK, France, Canada, Australia, or on travels anywhere else, you can still stream IPL games without a hitch by using a VPN.
- Find a trustworthy VPN that offers Indian servers. NordVPN has a selection of 30 servers in India.
- Sign up for a VPN account.
- Launch your VPN app.
- Connect to an Indian server.
- Now you’re all set to stream IPL cricket from anywhere in the world!