On March 21, 2022, we celebrate International Forest Day for the 10th year in a row to raise awareness of the importance of forests. Our lives are just as dependent on the land as on the sea regarding both food and livelihood. Moreover, forests are the most biologically diverse ecosystems on land and accommodate more than 80% of the terrestrial specifies of animals, plants, and insects. Forests cover 30% of the earth’s surface and are vital habitats for millions of species, they are sources of clean air and water, and of course crucial for fighting climate change. A study from the UN shows that forests actually can lift one billion people out of poverty and create additional 80 million green jobs.
International Forest Day is a tremendous occasion to celebrate the world’s wildlife and humanities’ achievements in the preservation of it, to educate the public on forests and ecosystems. But it is also a suitable opportunity and the right time to address global problems and to mobilize political will to take action. Last month, the UN agency on climate change, IPCC, published a report revealing the deadly consequences of climate change for people in all parts of the world in the coming decades. The consequences of climate change are worse than ever, highlighting the importance of global unity.
World Forest Day theme 2022
The International Day of Forests 2022 theme is ‘Forests and Sustainable production and consumption.’International Day of Forests quotes and images
- “Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience. Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence.” – Hal Borland
- “Nature holds the key to our aesthetic, intellectual, cognitive and even spiritual satisfaction.” – E. O. Wilson
- “For in the true nature of things, if we rightly consider, every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold and silver.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Land really is the best art.” —Andy Warhol
- “The Earth is what we all have in common.” —Wendell Berry
- “Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.” —Albert Einstein
- “To leave the world better than you found it, sometimes you have to pick up other people’s trash.” —Bill Nye
- “An understanding of the natural world and what’s in it is a source of not only a great curiosity but great fulfillment.” —David Attenborough
- “And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and my soul.” —John Muir
- “Nature does not hurry yet everything is accomplished.” —Lao Tzu
- “The real you is loving, joyful and free. The real you is just like a flower, just like the wind, just like the ocean, just like the sun.” —Don Miguel Ruiz
- It is a blessing to be the color of the earth; do you know how often flowers confuse me for home? —rupi kaur
- “The silence of nature is very real. It surrounds you, you can feel it.” – Ted Trueblood
- “The forest is not a resource for us, it is life itself. It is the only place for us to live.” -Evaristo Nugkuag Ikanan
- “If you go to a desert, you will hear this mysterious voice: Be wise, protect your forests!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
What is the theme of International Day of Forest 2022?
World Forest Day theme 2022: The International Day of Forests 2022 theme is “Forests and sustainable production and consumption”. The theme for each World Forest Day is chosen by the Collaborative Partnership on Forests (CPF).
International Day of Forests Significance
Why do we celebrate Forest Day?
We celebrate Forest Day to raise awareness about the importance of forests in our daily lives. Many aspects of our lives are linked to forests in one way or another. Forests and their sustainable management are key to combating climate change and contributing to the prosperity of the current and future generations.
Important Role of Forests: Know in 10 Points
1. Forests act as natural filters, providing clean air and water, and are havens of biological diversity.
2. Forests not only help regulate our climate by influencing rainfall patterns, cooling urban areas and absorbing one-third of greenhouse gas emissions, they also provide many communities with livelihoods, medicines, sustenance and refuge.
3. Forests are home to about 80 percent of the world’s terrestrial biodiversity, with more than 60,000 tree species.
4. Almost 1.6 billion people around the world depend directly on forests for their shelter, food, energy, medicines and income.
5. Forests play a crucial role in poverty alleviation and in the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
6. Wood acquired from the trees helps provide millions of people with safe and clean drinking water and cook bacteria-free food.
7. Wood also helps build shelter and build countless furniture and utensils.
8. Wood can also support the development and enhancement of the communities, as it can build skyscrapers and replace plastic.
9. Wood helps create new fibers for our clothes, which are more environment-friendly.
10. Wood can also help us heal and find new cures through nanotechnology. Wood is also taking us to space.
When was the first Forest Day celebrated?
International Day of Forests was first established on November 28, 2012 to be celebrated on the 21st of March every year by combining World Forestry Day and Forest Day.
International Day of Forests WhatsApp status and wishes
- Let us join hands to save forests because without them, this planet would be a dead one. Happy International Day of Forests.
- Wishing a very Happy International Day of Forests to everyone. Forests are an integral part of our lives and we must do all that we can to save them.
- Forests help us cope with the climatic changes that are taking place around us. Let us protect them to save our planet. Happy International Day of Forests.
- Forests are the reason that there is balance in our eco-system. Let us join hands to protect them from all threats. Happy International Day of Forests.
- Forests are much more important for us than we know and therefore, we must all save them. Wishing a very Happy World Forestry Day.
- The occasion of World Forestry Day is a reminder to each one of us that we have cut enough forests and now we need to plant more forests. Happy World Forestry Day.
- Warm greetings on World Forestry Day to everyone. Without forests, this world would be a barren and lifeless place to live. Let us save them before anything else.