Shillong: Meghalaya Commissioner and Secretary of Sports and Youth Affairs Dr Vijay Kumar on Monday congratulated the various committees and stakeholders of the recently concluded Northeast Olympic Games (NEOG) at an event at the State Convention Center in Shillong.
Dr. Kumar, who is also the CEO of the North East Olympic Games, said such a meeting was necessary to celebrate the achievements of the various committees and stakeholders that made NEOG an “exciting success”.
Dr. Kumar praised the joint efforts of the various committees for the success of the games, but said NEOG’s success in Meghalaya has shown that anything can be achieved if dedicated efforts are made.
He said a coffee table book documenting the various NEOG events will be out soon. He also said that intensive documentation of this will be done by the deputy commissioner of East Khasi Hills.
During the program, various stakeholders involved in the NEOG 2022 provided their feedback, experiences and suggestions.
Others speaking included Extra CEO, NEOG, CVD Diengdoh, East Khasi Hills Deputy Commissioner Isawanda Laloo, SP East Khasi Hills Sylvester Nongtynger and Director Sports & Youth Affairs S Awasthi.
Also read | North East Olympics shows that sports in Tripura have critical life support
- Arunachal: 1962 is history, will not be repeated, says CM Khandu
- Karthik overlooks Assam performance, proposes separate group for NE teams
- The governor of Arunachal is urging the army to include programs for people’s welfare
- Minimal progress on mitigation, climate finance at COP27: Experts
- Assam: Cachar man dies in road accident in New Delhi
- Meghalaya: Congratulations from NEOG stakeholders at Shillong event