When a schoolgirl spilled food colouring on her foot and got it stained, she “looked like a Smurf,” which made her family and friends laugh.
Last Friday, November 4, Delilah Dolton was doing arts and crafts at school when she got dye in her welly.
The open bottle of food colouring filled her welly up to her ankle. Even though her teacher worked quickly, the nine-year-old was left with a stained left foot that hasn’t come off in almost a week.
When Manchester mom Laura Dolton first heard about the silly accident, she laughed.
But now she doesn’t know what to do to get rid of the bright blue colour.
The 33-year-old said, “Delilah’s class has been doing arts and crafts every week since school started back in September.”
Before Bonfire Night, they were making fireworks, and one of the steps was to use blue food colouring.
“Someone hit the table, and a bottle fell between her leg and her wellies, which are just a little bit too big for her.”
Delilah went to her teachers for help. They put two paper towels down her shoe to soak up the dye, but when she got home, her foot was still wet.
She then took off her welly and saw that her foot was bright blue. This made her brother start calling her foot “Smurf foot” right away.
“I couldn’t help but laugh at the situation, and I was able to wash the food colouring off her shoe in the shower. But after scrubbing Delilah’s foot in the bath for an hour and a half that night, I had barely made a dent in the staining.”
“Her foot is still blue, and my son is sure she’s turning into a Smurf!”
Laura didn’t know how to dissolve the food colouring, so she posted pictures of Delilah’s blue foot in a Facebook group and asked for help.
Since then, her post has gone viral, getting more than 8,000 likes and hundreds of comments from other parents who found the accident funny.