Top News Platform

Texas on Alert after Brain-Eating Amoeba Kills 6-Year-Old Boy

Amoeba Naegleria Fowleri is a microorganism that breeds over warm and freshwater of lakes and rivers and poorly maintained swimming pools. A boy aged six has reportedly died of an amoeba infection in Texas on Septemeber 8. Following this the Governor of Texas has issued a declaration that the deadly amoeba was found in the community’s water supply.

The amoeba enters the human body through nasal membranes. It then penetrates the brain, which triggers an intense migraine, hyperthermia, vomiting, stiff neck, dizziness, fatigue, confusion, and hallucinations.

A spokesman said that the amoeba traces were found in the garden hose of the boy’s house. Some traces were also found in the town center’s fountain and a fire hydrant in a town.

The deceased child’s grandparents said that before falling sick, the child was playing in a splash park downtown, which is closed after the incident. Several Brazoria towns, where Lake Jackson is situated, have advised the residents not to use tap water for drinking, cooking, or bathing.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.