Has there ever been a better day to get to Nerf? I’m having a hard time coming up with one. Two of the best, most competitive unmodded blasters cost half their regular price today – which includes the Dart Zone MK-3 and the Nerf Rival Perses – and I see huge discounts on some other really nice foam launchers too.
Keep in mind that you won’t actually find most of these blasters at Amazon. Target and Walmart have the best blaster sales, probably in an effort to grab their competitor’s attention.
- Dart Zone MK-3 for $65 (normally $130) at Target† The hobby has never seen a stock blaster like the MK-3 pictured atop this story. You get semi-automatic AND fully automatic; short darts AND long darts; 8AAs or the option of a drop-in lithium polymer pack if you buy your own. That’s all in one sci-fi gun that shoots 150 feet per second straight out of the box. Just know that the serrated flywheels can be hard on darts.
- Nerf Rival Perses for $50 (normally $100) at Walmart† I explained the benefits of the Perses when it saw a similar sale last November, but to sum it up: 50 rounds of fully automatic flying foam balls from an internal hopper, and it comes with its own rechargeable NiMH battery pack and charger.
- Dart Zone Max Stryker for $42 (normally $60) at Target† The Target-exclusive version of Dart Zone’s Adventure Force Nexus Pro, which changed the hobby by introducing unheard-of accuracy and range with regular long and especially short darts for just $50 out of the box. It looks cooler and has more comfortable grips than the Nexus if you ask me, and now costs less than a typical Nexus too.
- Adventure Force Nexus Pro for $40 (normally $50) at Walmart† And here’s the Nexus Pro itself, for slightly cheaper. Same blaster as the Max Stryker above, but with a different design and grip. One bonus: you can put a Nerf Mega or Rival round in the front barrel and it will fire at close range!
- Nerf Mega XL Boomdozer for $15 (normally $40) at Amazon† Target† walmart† Kohls† A six-shot spinning grenade launcher with Nerf’s biggest darts ever. Or 3D print some aftermarket cylinders to launch shotgun blasts from smaller darts. Not competitive, but a lot of fun. Retailers are clearing these out, so don’t expect it to last long!
- Nerf Rival Curve Shot Helix for $16.49 (normally $33) at Target† Looks like retailers are clearing out this line of blasters too, which let you bend your shots like Angelina Jolie in Wanted† The Helix is the top model, a pump-action shotgun-style blaster that can hold 20 rounds in an internal funnel.
- Nerf Rival Curve Shot Sidewipe for $10 (normally $25) at Amazon† Best Buy† walmart† It’s hard to ignore this blaster when it’s more than half finished!
- Nerf Zombie Strike FlipFury for $13.37 (normal $22) at Amazon† This older blaster isn’t competitive at all, but I liked it! At nearly the best price ever, you can pick up two for back-to-back, cylinder-flipping-wildwest revolver duels.