Morrissey, the former frontman of The Smiths, has had his fair share of health scares over the years. But not many people know that the 62-year-old singer once “officially died” for nine minutes. In 2013, Morrissey and an eight-person group visited a restaurant that had not been recommended by their promoter during their South American tour.
Within hours of their meal, they were all bedridden with food poisoning. Morrissey’s condition was so severe that he reportedly “died” for nine minutes before being revived. In this article, we will delve into the details of Andy’s near-death experience and explore the dangers of food poisoning.
The Deadly Dinner: Morrissey’s Ordeal In Peru
Morrissey‘s South American tour was supposed to be a triumphant return to the continent after a long absence. However, things took a turn for the worse when he and his entourage decided to dine at a restaurant that their promoter,
Rodrigo Perez had not been recommended. According to Perez, “regrettable consequences” ensued, and within hours of their meal, Andy and his group were bedridden with food poisoning.
Morrissey’s condition quickly deteriorated, and he reportedly “died” for nine minutes before being revived. The singer later recounted his ordeal in an interview with Alternative Nation, saying, “I officially died for nine minutes.
That was fun.” Morrissey was forced to cancel 14 gigs in South America and fly back to the UK for medical treatment.
The Dangers Of Food Poisoning
Food poisoning is a common condition that affects millions of people worldwide. In the UK alone, around 5.5 million people suffer from food poisoning each year.
The symptoms of food poisoning include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach cramps, a high temperature, and feeling generally unwell.
In some cases, food poisoning can be severe and even life-threatening. According to government statistics from 2018, around 16,300 people receive hospital treatment due to food poisoning, and roughly 180 people die each year. However, foodborne diseases are easily avoidable if proper precautions are taken.
Preventing Food Poisoning
Poor handling, storage, or preparation of food can cause food poisoning, according to the NHS. To prevent food poisoning, it is essential to follow basic food safety guidelines, such as:
Cook food thoroughly: Make sure that food is cooked all the way through and that there are no pink or raw areas.
Store food correctly: Keep food in the fridge or freezer at the correct temperature and make sure that raw meat is stored separately from other foods.
Wash hands regularly: Always wash your hands before handling food and after using the toilet.
Avoid cross-contamination: Use separate chopping boards and utensils for raw meat and other foods.
Be cautious when eating out: Choose reputable restaurants and avoid eating at places that have poor hygiene ratings.
Death Hoax Related To Morrissey‘s
Rumors of Morrissey’s death circulated on social media after a Facebook page titled “R.I.P. Morrissey” attracted nearly one million likes. The page claimed that the singer had passed away on May 18, 2023, and urged fans to show their condolences.
However, the news was quickly dismissed as a hoax by Morrissey’s representatives, who confirmed that the singer is “alive and well.” Some fans expressed anger at the fake report,
While others saw it as a testament to Morrissey’s extreme popularity. A recent poll showed that 72% of respondents believe that death hoaxes about celebrities are no longer funny.
Morrissey’s near-death experience serves as a reminder of the dangers of food poisoning. While the condition is common, it is also easily preventable. By following basic food safety guidelines, we can avoid the unpleasant
And potentially life-threatening effects of food poisoning. As Morrissey prepares for his upcoming UK and Ireland tour, let us hope that he stays healthy and avoids any further health scares.