Sources told ESPN that Al Nassr is sure that Cristiano Ronaldo will finish his career with the Saudi Pro League team and hasn’t ruled out extending the striker’s huge contract.
Cristiano Ronaldo played in his first game for Al Nassr on Sunday, which was a 1-0 win over Ettifaq. After leaving Manchester United in December, he signed a deal with the Riyadh-based team worth $200 million per year for two and a half years.
When his contract ends in 2025, the Portuguese star will be 40 years old, and Al Nassr officials don’t think he will play anywhere else before hanging up his boots. ESPN has heard from sources that Al Nassr would not rule out extending Ronaldo’s contract if he wanted to keep playing.
Al Nassr also use Cristiano Ronaldo to help them get better outside of the field. ESPN was told by sources that Ronaldo came to Saudi Arabia with a list of “best practises” that the club is working to put into place.
ESPN sources say that Al Nassr wants to use Cristiano Ronaldo’s experience at the top of European soccer with United, Real Madrid, and Juventus to become a powerhouse in Saudi and Asian soccer.
Cristiano Ronaldo’s first game with Al Nassr was against Ettifaq. He didn’t score, but manager Rudi Garcia said he was “happy” with the forward’s performance because it helped his team get back to the top of the Saudi Pro League.
After only a few weeks of training, the former Roma manager said it would take time for Ronaldo to fit in with the team.
Garcia said, “I told the players they need to make the right decisions on the field.”
“Cristiano Ronaldo is clearly asking for the ball, and we have to give it to him because he’s the player who can make the difference. Everyone’s positions need to be worked on a lot. We sometimes had crosses but not enough people in the box. We need to get better at that.”
Also, Garry Cook, who used to be the CEO of Manchester City, has been named the new CEO of the Saudi Pro League.
Between 2008 and 2011, Cook was the CEO of City. Since then, he has worked at the UFC.