Makers of blockbuster gangster film KGF Chapter 1 released the teaser of its sequel KGF Chapter 2 on Thursday. The upcoming instalment also stars Sanjay Dutt, Raveena Tandon, and Prashanth Neel, besides the protagonist played by Yash.
KGF Chapter 1 won two National Awards in 2019 for Best Action and Best Special Effects. The period action film is written and directed by Prashanth Neel and produced by Vijay Kiragandur. KGF was one of the costliest Kannada language movies and many expect that it might be the next Baahubali of Indian cinema.
After a hit movie, the cry for a sequel is normal but little did Yash and his compatriots know that KGF 1 will end up being a Pan-India hit. KGF Chapter 2 has fans buzzing for quite a while now. Be it poster releases or shoot completion news the fans were always on toes to make their feelings about the movie known. Now that the teaser is out within 24 hours it has crossed 50 Million plus views.
Fastest to one million likes, within an hour the teaser, has a mind-boggling number of impressions. Such was the restlessness from the fans that the teaser had to be released almost half day before its original schedule. Fans of the franchise and the star cast have gone crazy with each look that dropped and finally when the much-awaited teaser dropped it has been raking in crazy reviews. The teaser promises an action-packed blockbuster at hands and it is going to be a thriller watch.
But before we all get excited about the upcoming movie, here are ten things that you need to know about KGF chapter 2.
1. Sanjay Dutt playing the role of Adheera will be the mean nemesis of Rocky (Yash) in the upcoming movie. Although the teaser did not reveal his complete look, we did see the back of Sanjay Dutt dressed in battle armour and a Viking inspired hairdo. He is also seen brandishing a sword in the teaser.
2. Adheera is the brother of Sooryavardhan, the late ruler of Kolar Gold Mines (KGF). Ramesh Indra played the role of Sooryavardhan in KGF Chapter 1. It was his son Garuda, played by Ram alias Ramachandra Raju, who was the villain in the first movie. Before stepping into the role, Ram worked as Yash’s bodyguard.
3. The teaser also gave us a glimpse of Raveena Tandon in a scarlet saree playing the role of political leader Ramika Sen.
4. Raveena might play a pivotal role in influencing Rocky’s control over the gold fields of Karnataka in the upcoming movie.
5. KGF Chapter 2 is the most expensive Kannada film with a budget of ₹100 crore, the film will be dubbed in Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam and Hindi languages.
6. The shooting of the sequel started in August 2019 at Cyanide Hills in Kolar Gold Fields (KGF).
7. The movie was scheduled to release on October 23, 2020, however, due to the coronavirus pandemic the release has been scheduled for this year.
8. The plot of KGF spans over thirty years and traces the changing dynamics of power-hungry politicians and gangsters who wish to control the business of gold.
9. The movie’s heart and soul are the one promise that Rocky made to his dying mother when he was a child. As the teaser suggests in the end that “that promise will be kept.”
10. The movie will also answer if Rocky chooses to keep his love Reena or goes all guns blazing to maintain his control among the wolves that might be planning to backstab him.