Netflix is bringing Tudum back for a second year. On September 24, Netflix will present its upcoming lineup of movies and shows for the remainder of 2022, 2023, and possibly beyond. It is expected that there will be more than 100 series and movies (according to our information, Netflix has at least 900 in development).
Netflix has slowly started showcasing its upcoming slates with several live streams throughout the year. Geeked Week and Tudum will both celebrate their second anniversary in 2022. Geeked Week is a 5-day event where Netflix showcases some of its genre content such as its horror, sci-fi, and anime lineup.
Tudum is a little broader than Geeked Week and focuses on content from around the world and every genre. Netflix’s Tudum event should not be confused with Netflix’s Tudum blog, founded in November 2021 and still operational.
Netflix Tudum 2022 Schedule
In total there will be five events on September 24, although the reality for most people is that it actually takes place over the course of two days.
- Korean Showcase at 11:00 a.m. KST
- Indian showcase at 11:00 AM IST
- Showcase for US, EU and Latin America at 10:00 a.m. PT
- Japanese showcase on September 25 at 1:00 PM JST
Here’s a table view of the four upcoming events:
|Local time zone||PST time zone||EST time zone||GMT time zone|
|Tudum: Korea||11 AM KST||19:00 – September 23||22:00 – September 23||2 a.m. – September 24|
|Tudum: India||11 AM IST||22:30 – 23 September||01:30 – 24 September||05:30am – September 24th|
|Tudum: US, EU & LATAM||10:00 PST||10:00 – 24 September||13:00 – 24 September||5pm – September 24|
|Tudum: Japan||13:00 JST||21:00 – 24 September||12 noon – 25 September||04:00 – 25 September|
To whet your appetite, Netflix has put together a small teaser trailer for the worldwide fan event below, plus a tease about what to expect:
“Come for an exciting day of exclusive news, never-before-seen footage, trailers and first-looks, as well as interviews with Netflix’s biggest stars and creators. The free virtual event is a celebration of Netflix fandom and is dedicated to sharing the scoop on over 100 fan favorite shows, movies and specials from around the world.
Netflix Tudum 2022 Predictions
Now for our favorite part. Predicting what’s to come as none of the lineup for the show has yet to be announced.
We’ve been told we’ll get an updated schedule of what’s to come in “early September 2022.”
Before we get into our predictions, here’s a reminder of some of the biggest shows and movies to hit in 2021:
- Red notification
- The harder they fall
- money robbery
- the sandman
- Emily in Paris
- Army of Thieves
- don’t look up
- The Witcher: Blood Origin
- The Umbrella Academy
So let’s predict some of the titles we could see on Netflix’s Tudum 2022. We specifically cover some of the English language titles that could appear.
- Avatar: The Last Airbender – The shooting of this series was completed during the summer and a first look at the new series has been a long time ago.
- Cabinet of Curiosities – Netflix’s upcoming horror anthology series, overseen by Guillermo del Toro, is their biggest Halloween addition for the year, so we expect to see some more footage in September.
- Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery / Knives Out 2 – One of Netflix’s biggest films of 2022 will debut at the Toronto International Film Festival before hitting Netflix worldwide. We expect this to be after Tudum, so we’ll almost certainly get more information here.
- Guillermo Del Toro’s Pinocchio – An easy guess here. Since the new Del Toro movie is set to premiere in December 2022 (expected December 16), we’ll likely get an extended dive into the new movie.
- A piece – We got our very first look at One Piece at Geeked Week earlier this year, so can we take a closer look at Tudum?
- Rebel Moon – The new Zack Snyder movie is currently filming the first of two movies to come and considering how much we’ve already seen, hopefully we’ll get a first look at Tudum.
- Spaceman – We haven’t seen anything about the upcoming Adam Sandler space movie yet, so could this be our first chance?
- slumberland Jason Momoa’s big Netflix movie is yet to hit Netflix this year. Can we see more in Tudum?
- The crown – Given the wide coverage on Tudum, it’s very likely we’ll get some Season 5 footage ahead of Season 5’s release on Netflix in November 2022.
- the mother – This new action movie from Jennifer Lopez is expected by the end of 2022 and could be fully revealed in Tudum.
- The three-body problem – It may still be too early for anything in this new series from Db Weiss and David Benioff, but filming has already started in 2022, so there may have been enough filmed to warrant at least some first shots.
- The Witcher: Blood Origin – According to Pinocchio, we’ll likely get a release date and additional footage from the upcoming prequel series to The Witcher, which is expected to arrive over Christmas.
What do you want to see in Netflix’s Tudum 2022 showcase? Let us know in the comments below.